Burnham Park is a wide and green park located in Jose Abad Santos Dr. Baguio City. You can see many trees, specially Pine trees around the area which provides shade and fresh air for the visitors who want to spend a few hours of their time with nature.
Activities that you can do in Burnham Park:
- Brisk walking- A walk with nature is a health promoting activity which can help you both physically and mentally. It removes stress and boredom.
- Photo taking- take a look at the trees and beautiful flowers around the area and capture some of them as remembrance! So don’t forget to bring with you your cameras or phone with cameras!- It’s very relaxing and a calming activity that enhances you visually.
- Have a picnic with your family or friends- Burnham Park has a wide area, where you can always find a place to enjoy your meal or snacks with your loved ones.
- Biking- this is a fun activity in the park, where people of all ages can enjoy. They have appropriate bikes for children and adults, but take note that after riding the bike you have to pay a fee depending on how many minutes or hours you used it.
- Boating- Whether you are with family, friends, or with your special someone, boating is a nice activity to try in Burnham Park. You also have to pay a riding fee to use the boat, and be able to go around the area.
- Indoor amusement area- kids and kids at heart will also love this place! There are many fun rides to try here. There is also a skating area in this place, but once again there is a fee for each ride.
- Dine in at Solibao Restaurant- they serve delicious Filipino recipes such as sinampalukang manok, boneless bangus, pinapaitan, sinigang na hipon, pork binagoongan, crispy pata, pinakbet, laylayan chicharon, kare-kare, puto bungbong, halo-halo, arroz caldo, sotanghon soup, chicken pork barbecue, crispy pusit etc. My family and I tried their sinigang na hipon (shrimps), kare-kare, crispy pusit, and pork binagoongan together with fried rice!
Roaming around Burnham Park is very fulfilling and worth the time! If ever you also want to visit this place, do not forget to bring along with you the following. Money- to be able to buy foods or to pay for the rental fees and rides. Foods- if you prefer a picnic. Water- to rehydrate your body, extra clothing specially for kids and umbrella.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any experience or something to share regarding Baguio City, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section.